homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you the sunshine patriot?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you the sunshine patriot?
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 00:47:26 -0400

I realize that it can be depressing at times, listening to all the bad news we hear on TV, hearing all the bad things about our president, our economy, our world situation, etc. I know that even our kid's history books have been something of a Bashfest on America. It saddens me greatly, but I still feel that this is the best country in the world. I wonder now, though, if we have gone so far down the path of self flagellation that we can no longer see through the blood and have become so bitter about our own country that we fail to defend it against all enemies, foreign and domestic?
Is so, the question is,,, why?? why have we allowed ourselves to see only the bad, and who is suppressing the good in our country, controlling us that way? Is it the liberal media? Who?

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky