homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you the sunshine patriot?

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you the sunshine patriot?
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 20:29:19 -0500

Don,

Paine was an honorary French citizen, which allowed him to be elected to the French National Convention. However, he was born in England and died in New York City.

Jerry

At 07:20 PM 5/1/2008, you wrote:
>I think Thomas Paine got it, and I don't even think he was a Southerner.
He was French and an alcoholic but a brilliant pamphleteer. I like some of
his anti religious writings.

Don Bowen KI6DIU

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/shepperd%40austincc.edu

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
-- Confucius

He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has.
-- Epictetus

It is the mark of a truly intelligent person to be moved by statistics.
-- George Bernard Shaw

It's never crowded along the extra mile.
-- Wayne Dyer