homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to judge history,

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to judge history,
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 21:38:29 -0800

Waiting to hear if they are sending him out in the Pacific in July. He just completed the how-to-survive-a-crash-in-a-helicopter training. The whole reason he didn't go in the Navy was because he doesn't "do" water. Hates water. Hates anything that even resembles swimming. So, they decide that he should be out on an aircraft carrier and he should learn how to get out of a helicopter that is underwater.

He said he warned all the other guys that they better not get between him and getting to the surface!

I'm just surprised that he didn't head for the hills when they said that he'd have to be dumped in a training pool inside a helicopter!

Yes, and mail still comes to the house from the Marines for TJ, and you
would think Navy-Marines..ok, same database..but no.
Actually, I am still getting college information, too.

Little known is the fact that if you sign up under one branch and decide
it is not for you, you can actually change into another branch to
complete your commitment. There is no official dishonor, either. Of
course, I think you lose any deals you made beforehand though.
The son of a family friend entered the Navy when TJ did. He decided
during the first week of bootcamp that it wasn't for him. He actually
quit and joined the Coast Guard and is now on some icebreak in the
Antarctic. He's getting out soon-shorter committment.

And just how is K#5 these days?