homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you the sunshine patriot?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you the sunshine patriot?
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 22:53:38 -0800

O.K., I don't want to start up the "b" word conversation again but it brings to mind what I think is part of the problem and why so many younger folks are dazed and confused.

Anyone else taken a good look at who tenured professors are lately? I'm sorry, I'm a radical from the 60s but I never advocating blowing up buildings, nor would I have had the brass b*lls to then use the taxpayers dollars to finance my education and then feed at the welfare trough known as higher education all the while making speeches about how I didn't blow up enough buildings!

If one wants to take a look at who the well-educated college student is learning, take a gander through some of the lists of professors out there!

Ayers is a prime example but he isn't the only one. However, seems to me if you are a terrorist, you shouldn't be able to collect a paycheck from the government! Part of your "sentence" should be never getting a dime of taxpayers money, be it student loans, Pell Grants OR a salary at a tax funded university!

And, it isn't just the liberal media. You'll get just as much negative from the Moon Crew and Faux News. Both pick and choose but rarely spin anything but the negative. They all have their little pets who can do no wrong but the majority of what they put out there is either negative or just flat spun!

So, you have television, printed media and colleges and their professors producing "the lies my teacher told me." I don't really see how you can be positive unless you bury your head in the sand, plus your ears and sing LaLaLaLaLaLa. Or, hide out on the homestead <g> My personal choice!

I realize that it can be depressing at times, listening to all the bad
news we hear on TV, hearing all the bad things about our president, our
economy, our world situation, etc. I know that even our kid's history
books have been something of a Bashfest on America. It saddens me
greatly, but I still feel that this is the best country in the world. I
wonder now, though, if we have gone so far down the path of self
flagellation that we can no longer see through the blood and have become
so bitter about our own country that we fail to defend it against all
enemies, foreign and domestic?
Is so, the question is,,, why?? why have we allowed ourselves to see
only the bad, and who is suppressing the good in our country,
controlling us that way? Is it the liberal media? Who?

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky