homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you the sunshine patriot?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you the sunshine patriot?
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 06:54:08 -0500

On May 1, 2008, at 11:47 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Is so, the question is,,, why?? why have we allowed ourselves to see
only the bad, and who is suppressing the good in our country,
controlling us that way? Is it the liberal media? Who?

During the three years I was in the Army I heard more complaining (that's the polite word) than I have ever heard since in civilian life. Complaining is a natural reaction to conditions disliked.

The media, of all political leanings, must sell advertising or they are out of business. Writers must produce copy that readers read. If it bleeds, it leads. If there is no blood around, find some or spin some.

Many of us feel strongly positive about our country. Many of us know its promise. Many of us can see how certain people are lying to us and hurting our people and our country. I am never going to stop complaining about that. I think it is unpatriotic to be quiet.