homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 06:06:35 -0500

On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:34 AM, Lynda wrote:

Nope, it wasn't a military strategy. Sherman was on sick puppy!

I started to reply to this by saying where I had read differently when I started laughing inwardly. Your previous post was about books and lies. So where did you get the above information but from books? Even an ancestor, how many generations back, would have done the human thing and embellished his stories and then with each retelling, more embellishment. The point is that we really only guess about history based on what we have read. Hell, three people can see something yesterday and tell different stories about it today. Imperfect memory. Selective memory. Biased memory. Undependable memory.

And yet we solemnly pronounce that those who do not know history are destined to repeat it. What history shall we know?

Does anyone object to changing the subject line? Foolish question.