homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:21:39 -0500

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:05 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> LOL...
> Don't worry Marie...I do have a few ancestors who were here before 1920.
> My great great grandfather and his brother fought for the Ohio
> volunteer Infantry and the Illinois infantry respectively...yup, that's
> right, they were ((shhhh...shudder)) YANKEES! :)

Of my 4 great-grandfathers, two were about to be born in Germany, one
was a miller who never left the county where he was born (and where I
grew up), and one allegedly fought at the Battle of Vicksburg. That
last one ended up retiring in San Antonio, where he lived for about 30
years.

Actually, I was not complaining about the change of subject. I think
-- at last -- that even some of the media types are growing weary.
This discussion is magnitudes more interesting.

Marie