homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lift not thy Hands

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lift not thy Hands
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:23:15 EDT

> I'm curious how you define constitutionalist? Is that
> someone who takes literally, exactly what it says? Or
> someone who tries to interpret what the founders would
> say about an issue in todays world?

In a lawful society we have two options: 1) We follow the law or 2) We
change the law

Almost all the mucking in your life from the federal government is not from
the lawful execution of their office, rather it is from bureaucratic bodies
that do not obtain their authority from the constitution.

A constitutionalist in my use of the word is someone who sees the
constitution as defining the whole legitimate scope of the federal government
which is to
preserve and defend the rights of individuals.

What is not a constitutionalist is someone who uses their executive powers to
appoint a judiciary who will further the aims of their political philosophy
or political party. </HTML>