homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lift not thy Hands

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lift not thy Hands
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:53:09 -0500

On Apr 26, 2008, at 12:20 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
McCain really does want to bomb, bomb, bomb Iran. I don't. Hillary
probably would, if reluctantly, to prove she has figurative cojones.
That leaves Obama.

I believe it was Obama that said we should put more resources into
Afghanistan, wasn't it? If I am a soldier, it wouldn't make much
difference whether I die in Iraq, Iran, or Afghanistan, I'd still be
dead. ;)

Afghanistan and Iraq are different deals. We have this really shameful history of blowing up a place and creating hell for the citizens, then making promises, then reneging on our promises, then sliding on out. Shameful. The Iraq War is over. Cheney and Halliburton won.

Afghanistan did not bomb the twin towers. Some people who trained there did. They were and remain justifiable targets.