homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lift not thy Hands

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lift not thy Hands
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:37:22 EDT

> I still don't understand why you've taken against him so vigorously.
> I'm in the middle of reading his second book, and while he sometimes
> seems to see things from the idiots' view too well for my comfort,
> he's reasonable.

Have you ever read "Mein Kampf"?
"Only at night did I sleep in my quarters. Since I regularly woke up before
five o'clock in the morning, I had gotten in the habit of putting a few
left-overs or crusts of bread on the floor for the mice which amused
themselves in my
little room, and watching the droll little beasts chasing around after these
choice morsels. I had known so much poverty in my life that I was well able
imagine the hunger, and hence also the pleasure, of the little creatures."

Full of stuff like that. A reasonable fellow, old Adolf.

> I find it interesting, from a sort of anthropology/sociology point of
> view that you and Lynda now share the same political view. I'm sure
> there's meaning in that. I wish I knew what it is.

"...taken against him.." is your perception which comes from wondering why
the light doesn't bedazzle everyone else's eyes as it bedazzles your own.

If Lynda were an avid griller of steak and I were a militant vegetarian, and
you offered us a dish of boiled owl, the fact that we both find it repugnant
does not mean we share the same tastes in food. It is *that* obvious to the
non-obamista that the man is neutral, inexperienced, and naive at best and
greatly wrong-headed at worst. But it neither means that we have 'taken
agaisnt
him' nor that it makes us political allies.

There's your answer, the reason such divergent people BOTH see Obama for what
he is means there is nothing there.
</HTML>