homestead - Re: [Homestead] Coosa River Watershed

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Coosa River Watershed
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:20:29 -0400

The watershed is huge and covers three states. Obviously, I live in the upper Coosa Basin, the part in NW Georgia. My yard water drains into Rocky Creek, which drains into Armuchee Creek, which goes to the Oostanaula River, which joins with the Etowah to become the Coosa River, which in turn drains into the Mobile River, into Mobile Bay, and finally the Gulf of Mexico.

The first link has some nice pictures taken within 15 miles of me. In fact, I was standing in that little grove of trees on the riverbank just yesterday in Rome. There is a paddle event today and Ron is racing down there in the ErthNSky as I type. That picture is about 100 feet from the finish line. (13.5 mile race) We went down for Waterfest VIII last night---pretty fun.

http://www.coosa.org/about-the-coosa/watershed-facts

http://wsfa.iewatershed.com/index.php?pagename=ow_watershed_coosa_river

http://www.riversofalabama.org/Coosa/COO_Physical_Description.htm

And the upper Coosa: