homestead - Re: [Homestead] We're all gonna die

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We're all gonna die
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:04:34 -0500

On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

The reason being that the vitamins don't act alone.

That seems so obvious but so many don't see it. Like thinking any part of the body acts alone.

At one time we were told
that we needed, for example B vitamin. So people took cod liver oil. As
time went on, it was discovered that there isn't a B vitamin but a whole series
of similar vitamins all of which are needed.

Do you recall, was it B12 that a doc advised the vegetarian Nearings to take?

Fact is, in our mortal state we will NEVER know what is in pants, not the
whole of it and not even the smallest percent of it. There are things here (and
I'm not just talking about the chemicals) undreampt of .

Absolutely.

Back to the antioxidants of the research studies analysis. It seems to be that the plants with lots of color have special qualities that help to repair cellular damage. I have considered that the so-called French Paradox and the esteemed Mediterranean Diet are not paradoxical at all; those people eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, including the bright colored ones.

About forty years ago, when I started getting serious about diet, I read everything I could find. No Net then, remember? Certain things stuck in my memory: the Hunzakuts of the Himalayas, certain peoples in Russia and South America, all of whom lived substantially longer than other humans. Not enough room here, but what I took from my reading was that certain soils or water may in fact contain especially salubrious ingredients, and that vegetative diets, substantial physical activity, and low stress lifestyles are good.

I have ingested many recommended pills. None now for many years. I totally concur that real food contains an unknown number of nutrients and other elements that all act synergistically to provide maximal health.