homestead - Re: [Homestead] American manufacturing

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] American manufacturing
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:45:22 -0500

On Apr 21, 2008, at 6:26 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

More news on manufacturing, this time current. This is an excerpt from
the article:

First, of course, the info in the article is equally interesting and useless.
As Lynda pointed out, not only are insurance policy writers and mortage
issuers now considered manufaturers, but burger flippers at McDonalds are also
counted as employed in manufacturing.

I forgot to mention that my posted article does, in fact, give many specific examples of real manufacturing, building cranes and such. I do not recall that it referenced what we formerly called something else, like even some parts of food processing, for instance. Perhaps making sausage is now manufacturing food. Considering the ingredients in breakfast cereal and many canned goods, naming the process manufacturing is valid.