homestead - Re: [Homestead] American manufacturing

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] American manufacturing
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:36:51 -0500

On Apr 21, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

The very last thing we want to do is to talk about jobs irregardless of
whether it is a bag of air jog or not. When you find yourself in a hole, stop
digging .... else you will end up in China!

If I were at the beginning of my economic life I might well go to China.

We know what most humans want and what most Americans want. Want deprived becomes pain. Pain demands political help. Politicians want votes so they acquiesce as much as they can. So how to change human nature? Inevitability. Until a problem is hitting us over the head we Americans will not make meaningful changes. We will, as a society, strive for what we perceive is the best life for us and our children. For the majority, that means a paycheck. A paycheck means a job. I do not see a viable alternative.