homestead - Re: [Homestead] American manufacturing

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] American manufacturing
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:05:35 EDT

> Ya think things were maybe simpler in Marc's day?

I doubt it. Only this: Marc was a stoic, if we were stoics as well, we
might be in a better position to both recognize and deal with the truth.

(To the tune of Streets of Loredo)

"As I walked down through the agora
As I walded in the agora one day
I spied a philospher, he was a stoic
And these were the words that the had to say:

I can tell by your toga that you are a stoic
I can tell by your toga that you're a stoic too
You can tell by our togas, that we are both stoics
So get you a toga, and you can be a stoic too!"

James (not quitting his day job) </HTML>