homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:18:40 -0800

I know the second one, the one you are talking about, created Trinidad Bay which is a few miles north of Humboldt Bay. If you feel like scuba diving you can go diving out there and see some REALLY huge trees.

However, it is kinda funny how the sinking occured. This link shows all the parts that didn't drop. You go scuba diving and it is quite clear that pieces dropped and the rest are still sticking up. http://www.humboldt1.com/~popenoe/scenes/Trinidad.htm

I didn't know that. Cool.
I don't think I would have wanted to live out there then. Just ten
years after that tsunami and quake, you had the really big one, the
Cascadia subduction quake and tsunami-probably a 9 or better-that sank
whole areas of the NW coast, forests and all. They say big things
happen in threes...I wonder if there was a third quake somewhere?
Perhaps the Humboldt Bay quake/tsunami was a precursor quake to the big
one on the Juan De Fuca in 1700?

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky