homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:33:50 -0800

That is the problem, no earthquake preparedness, either in buildings OR in response.

Out here, all the native Californians know what to do, do panic and in most cities there are several volunteer groups ready to jump into action.

When Loma Prieta hit, the volunteer groups were out there before the professionals in the neighborhoods. Within an hour, all the groups with search and rescue dogs were on their way there. And so forth and so on.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "VAN DELL JORDAN" <vdjor AT yahoo.com>

The quake woke up my son and d.i.l. We are about 310
road miles from the epicenter.
Some predictions are that a major one at New Madrid
could be worse than anything we've ever seen in Cal.
Soft ground would cause it to spread much further to a
dozen or so major cities that are not build for
earthquake protection.