homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:59:13 -0400

Lynda wrote:

Humboldt Bay was formed by a tsunami in February 1690. BIG quake and resulting tsunami.

I didn't know that. Cool.
I don't think I would have wanted to live out there then. Just ten years after that tsunami and quake, you had the really big one, the Cascadia subduction quake and tsunami-probably a 9 or better-that sank whole areas of the NW coast, forests and all. They say big things happen in threes...I wonder if there was a third quake somewhere? Perhaps the Humboldt Bay quake/tsunami was a precursor quake to the big one on the Juan De Fuca in 1700?

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky