homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:07:36 -0500

On Apr 18, 2008, at 6:09 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

But I have been happy to learn that the googolplex tons of
stone between there and here effectively absorb shock waves.

I think you are fooling yourself, but we've had this discussion before.

Well, for instance, nobody in the Springfield, Missouri area reported that they felt this one.

Think really heavy reinforced concrete, which is part of what earthquake proofing building design calls for.