homestead - Re: [Homestead] We're all gonna die

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We're all gonna die
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:45:16 EDT

> Hm, that has always been my gut feeling but I never found articles
> that said so. You got some easy finds that you know of without too
> much effort?

Gene, I've got this flagged and I've been wanting to get my references on
this subject together for some time, this will be a good excuse.

Until then, just to sumarize (in what small capacity I have to sumarize
anything), the research shows that gross chemical doses of the various
vitamins and
minerals will correct pathological conditions like scurvy and beriberi and
such, but it does nothing to enhance normal health, prevent cancer, nor
mitigate
aging.

The reason being that the vitamins don't act alone. At one time we were told
that we needed, for example B vitamin. So people took cod liver oil. As
time went on, it was discovered that there isn't a B vitamin but a whole
series
of similar vitamins all of which are needed. Same with C, it does not occur
in
just one form.

But more important than that is the presence in food of a vast and
bewildering array of phytochemicals (plant-chemicals). More than 400 have
been
identified in broccoli and more than 4000 in wild lamb's quarter. Wild foods
are much
more nutrient rich than domesticated foods.

It's not limited to plant food. Really free range chickens that can eat
bugs, fungus, and grass have an ideal balance of fats in the egg so that the
cholesterol can be properly processed when the egg is eaten. The dark yellow
yolk
is from the carotenoids in the grass the chickens eat. Same with the yellow
color of butter and milk.

Ever hear any dietician expound that you need to incude sulphoraphane,
lycopene, anthocyanidin, genistein, and daidzein in your diet? The list is
endless.

So what do the morons do, they attempt to extract or mimic the chemicals in
broccoli and spinach (which is related to lamb's quarter) and put them in a
pill. Did I mention that they are morons?

There's the old tale of the white man explaining to the Indian why the white
man was in charge. He drew a small circle in the dirt and said "This is what
the Indian knows." He then drew a larger circle around that and said "This
is
what the white man knows." The Indian took the stick from him and drew an
enormous circle around that and said, "And this is what neither the Indian
nor
the white man knows."

Fact is, in our mortal state we will NEVER know what is in pants, not the
whole of it and not even the smallest percent of it. There are things here
(and
I'm not just talking about the chemicals) undreampt of .

Just eat the broccoli. </HTML>