homestead - Re: [Homestead] On work horses

  • From: "WF Smith" <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] On work horses
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:08:12 -0400

> I am currently paying about $3 a mile to ship horses when I need to
> send something long distance. You might consider the cost of
> shipping
> when you are factoring that in, to get something from Carolina to
> wherever you are might be more expensive than the horse
> itself. Not to
> mention shipping something fresh off the beach could be a real
> challenge. Ooooh boy that could be a real fustercluck.
>

> Celia

I would pick up a horse myself from the South Carolina coast within four
hours. I only posted the article because there'd been recent talk of draft
horses, and this article turned up in my local paper.

When I get seriously interested in a horse the stream of questions will be
as long as an Obama thread.

I do appreciate the information though.

Warren