homestead - Re: [Homestead] horses

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] horses
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:04:27 +0000

My horse wasn't happy with goats. It wasn't until we got the second horse
that he became relaxed and happy. The goats might have kept him company, but
they didn't make him feel safe at night when predators are out. two horses
kind of make each other feel safer because one is always on watch, i guess.
of course, we live out where mountain lions exist. but a horse in the suburbs
probably still thinks there are such scary things in the shadows, lol.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com
http://arseedswap.blogspot.com