homestead - Re: [Homestead] horses

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] horses
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:40:02 +0000

Warren,

I like the idea of your tacky horse. I have horses, too, and one of them I am
going to be training to help me around my homestead. He is half Spotted
Saddle horse and half Missouri Foxtrotter. These were bred years ago to be an
all-around farm horse- they're sure footed and can travel the ozark hills
easily and are gaited so will be very comfortable to ride for long hours.
Mine is only 2 right now, so he's just getting started with learning, but I
can't wait to use him to get up to my goldenseal and ginseng patches! I don't
have marshes, but do have rocks and steep hills, so the breed I have is
well-suited for the job at hand. Good luck with your work horse.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com
http://arseedswap.blogspot.com