homestead - Re: [Homestead] Haitian Weather Forecast

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Haitian Weather Forecast
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:07:00 -0500

On Apr 16, 2008, at 11:52 AM, Warren wrote:

"Pretty much everywhere, it's goin' to be hot"

We can all use a laugh, and this one is infectious.

Sounds like Phoenix in the summer with more fun and laughter.

Those who prefer casual dress, as I do, love Phoenix summers. I have sold expensive houses while wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirt with the bottom hanging out. A lady lawyer told me of a downtown judge who allowed male lawyers in his courtroom without ties.

Chris and I have also lived in Dallas. Dallas not only has summer heat, but it has it with the vengeance of high humidity. I often wondered about all the old timers who wore hats, coats and ties to even low-level jobs--and before air-conditioning. Phew!