homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:20:07 EDT

> He saw the need, he saw the wrong, he saw the result
> and he spoke truthfully about it. We here have for years lamented that
> politicians don't tell the truth. I have often said we can't handle
> the truth. This is an example.

I don't think anyone has said that Obama wasn't saying anything he didn't
hold to be the truth. I hear the 'speak the truth' explanation used quite
often
in defending Obama's gaff.

But the point so many have been making is that it is NOT the truth. It is
only Obama's distorted leftist perception of the truth. Obama said the rural
Pennsylvanians were clinging to guns and religion because they were bitter
about
the political reality. Said rural Pennsylvnaians (and the armed faithful
everywhere) have said clearly and emphatically that this is not true.

Unless Obama found a way to creep into the minds of every such person, he has
no way of knowing WHY they "cling" to guns and religion.

Obama is not to be lauded for telling the truth, rather upbraided for not
being able to distinguish the truth from bias. </HTML>