homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Frustration of Addressing Real Problems

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Frustration of Addressing Real Problems
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:54:07 -0700 (PDT)

For more than 50 years we have been rebuilding our
cities into suburbs. The town I'm in is typical.
Since the sixties it has more than doubled in area but
about the same population. Now the population density
is too low to support transit, I think we will
eventually have to rebuild back to a more compact
city, but just think of all the waste.
Van Dell