homestead - Re: [Homestead] Backsliding

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Backsliding
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:02:18 -0500

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:38 AM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> > We're living in a time of diminishing
> > resources and improverished education. If you were in charge, what
> > would you do?
> >

> Sorry, Marie, but that doesn't hack it. None of us are running for
> president. The peope who ARE running for president stand themselves up as
> being
> uniquely qualified to make decisions that deeply affect our lives and
> futures.

Of course we aren't running for president. However, unless we give
some serious thought to what we'd do (and some more thought to the
limitations of any human who does run) how can we possibly determine
if a candidate is awful or better than the rest or something else?

> The deserve to be "run down" picked apart, disected under a microscope,
> distilled, analyzed, criticized, and belittled for every picadillo.
> If they don't want to be subject to such as that, don't run for office.

I'd rather not see them dissected over issues that they have no
control over or that are irrelevant. While doing so might be highly
satisfactory to the dissector, it serves no purpose except to
discourage anyone who might serve well from even thinking about it.

I think we're left with the politicians we deserve, and it ain't pretty.

Marie