homestead - Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:37:05 EDT

>> James that field looks awsome. Who is at the horse's head? Is that one
> of the kids?

No, that's her nubile self leading the horse. How it flies indeed, that was
more than 8 years ago!

> I know you didn't eat 70 pounds of potates at one sitting, so when they
have over wintered in the ground do they store well for any length of time?

With teenagers in the family, I sometimes wonder! Alas, they don't keep
well at all. The starch has already turned to sugar as they are preparing to
sprout, or in fact are sprouting. At this stage they have to be peeled
generously to avoid the increasing solanine a and even at that they are best
cooked at
high temps such as French frying (which destroys solanine). These spuds will
be eaten this week, and failing that they will be animal feed.

> James that field looks awsome. Who is at the horse's head? Is that one of
> the kids? I remember when your 4th one was born, how time flies!

</HTML>