homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garlic

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garlic
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:07:18 -0400

Gene,
In the winter I keep an open container of water on the heater, it uses
anywhere between a quart and a half gallon per day during the coldest part of
winter. Unfortunatly I heat with propane at this time, but my house is
passive solar heated so the cost is not too high inspite of the cost per
gallon. Wood would be my choice, but as a woman turning 73, and having to
haul everything up 47 steps or down a slope from the woods, and I am not too
good with the saw or ax either, it is propane.
Did I mention that my house is only 340 square feet?
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6