homestead - Re: [Homestead] Barbeque Goat

  • From: dcrdavissr AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: waltonp AT gmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Barbeque Goat
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 23:48:11 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:03 pm

Thanks for the tips. It goes on the barbeque tomorrow. I put it in a
marinade with lots of olive oil, garlic and onion with lemon and
vinegar. I'll add some beer to the marinade tomorrow and use that for
a sop.

Figure to cook on indirect heat until it's part way and then to cover
and keep cooking. I've got some hickory here.

I haven't ate a goat this young yet, so hoping it's good. I've got
another like this one and 3 more buck kids born this month. 2 were to
my milkers that kidded this week, so those babies need to go away as
soon as they have some meat on them. Has anyone butchered really small
kids?

Rob - Va