homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:46:36 -0700

On Mar 26, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

We, collectively, have made an econimc and social hash of things. But it is
exactly as if we had shot off our foot. You can't mend it, you simply live
with the consequences of your foolishness.

Collectively indeed. We must transcend blame, take responsibility for our actions (I agree with McCain on homeowner bailouts) but push our leaders harder. That is my revolution. At this point I fight to keep an open mind but my take is that McCain and Clinton are too mired in what has always been, believe in minimal incremental improvements, do not believe big changes can be made. Maybe they are just tired.

What a political leader OUGHT to do (or at least ought to be able to do) is
tell the truth and then held prepare the people for the consequnces. That is,
Obama ought to be going for the tourniquet rather than telling you it's OK,
we'll figure out some way of getting you a new foot ..... IF you elect me.

I'm thinking about that this morning. I strongly suspect that all three campaigns are operating on the belief that if the truth is told on difficult issues, that the electorate will desert the truth speaker. Most obvious is Medicare situation.

I am bummed out over the distractions. So much serious stuff yet the masses are snapping at the chum tossed out by the MSM, which in many cases create their own "news." Shameful.

Would write more but my right hand has an inflamed tendon.