homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:31:20 -0800

why does Obama get
special treatment?

***To be blunt, because he's black. If anyone questions anything he says then his campaign screams race.

Interesting that Oprah Winfrey left the church because of the retoric
from Wright but not Obama.

I heard that, too, but forgot where...do you have a source for this?

***Chicago Magazine is one interview where she said she "left organized religion" . . . "I have a church within myself; I have church walking down the street."

I also read it a couple of other places. One other interview, and I can't find the rest of it right now, she says, and I paraphrase, that the extent of her attending church is when she lectures at churches, free of charge, about abuse and education.

The only person saying she was/is a member of Wright's particular church is Wright.