homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:51:18 -0400

Rob, well, ya know the Republicans pet preachers are off doing something twice as worse to some page. Oops, sorry, that's the Congressmen. I mean, some alter boy.

I wonder if the rest of the rest of the world is as jaded as some people are about this. I am old enough to be really satisfied to see these candidates. A woman, a black man. I keep hearing people talking about how electing Barak Obama will show the world that America is starting to scrub her soul clean. If there is really that perception, that alone would be reason enough to (attempt to) elect him. Hell, just the fact that he wrote that speech and gave it is enough to make me vote for him given that the guy we have now is past putting polysyllabic words together in a sentence. It would be nice to have someone presentable who doesn't molest other world leaders, among other things. : (

Lynda, I guess my next question to you would be, will you vote in this election? Or withhold it because no one meets your standards? I have mixed emotions about this because I live in Virginia, and therefore my vote is almost always a throw away vote in this majority red state. It's hardly worth the effort. But then I feel like if I just don't keep take part in the process, I can't help nudge it the way that I hope it will go, so I keep doing it.

Cheers