homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:59:31 -0800

Yep, I sure did. Just wanted to see if the man would finally tell the truth. Not surprisingly, I was disappointed. He continued to dance, weave and outright lie. Just like his campaign speeches this week. "I'm the only one who has been against the war from the beginning." Hmmm, interesting when you read the interviews he did in July and October of 2004, and I quote, "On Iraq, on paper, there's not as much difference, I think, between the Bush administration and a Kerry administration as there would have been a year ago. [.] There's not much of a difference between my position and George Bush's position at this stage. The difference, in my mind, is who's in a position to execute."

and "I don't know" on how he would have voted on the war vote.

First he says he never heard Wright say anything inflamatory, then he says well he might have. If it is no or might have, then why did he quote Wright in his book from the speech that included accusations that the U.S. government had a secret program to infect black men with AIDS, "Damn America" and all the problems in the world were due to "the white man's greed."

I would suggest to anyone who thinks of voting for Obama that they look into the pork that he actively worked to get in IL. Such as $4.5 million to a black dance group that his wife sat on the board of. A group he finagled another IL Rep to get another $2.5 million for.

And, why the speech about how his kids are so smart they don't want to grow up and be like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. Interesting that Whitney Houston was left out of the list.

Interesting that Oprah Winfrey left the church because of the retoric from Wright but not Obama.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <PAXAMICUS AT EARTHLINK.NET>

Linda, I wonder if you listened to Barak Obama's "Perfect Union"
speech, and I wonder if you did, if it changed how you perceived his
use of racism.

If you haven't seen it, and you're interested, you can see it on You
Tube, here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrp-v2tHaDo