homestead - Re: [Homestead] Smoke Out was Moles

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Smoke Out was Moles
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:15:46 -0500

Re: Moles
Don't know why I am still thinking about this, but...
With today's emission standards and the extent of tunnels you would need
to cover, it might take a tank of gas to do the job. Spring traps and
castor bean plants would be cheaper and prettier. I have longed to have
a faux windmill in the garden as they say the vibration keeps them at bay.

And I will take this opportunity, as we talk about noxious gases and
inhalation death, to brag on myself.
Ron and I have now been non-smokers for 21 days. That's the longest
ever for either one of us, and it looks like we are going to make it
this time. I actually feel like a non-smoker-strange to say, but true.
In those short couple of weeks, I have already been through several
really stressful episodes and was able to maintain my abstinence. We are
taking Chantix (and yes, I know the suicide/depression dangers) and it
has really worked for us. I don't want to sound like a commercial, but
nothing else has worked and we've been 1.5-3 packs a day smokers for
most of our lives(Ron smoked for 36 years and I smoked for 27 years.)
And no, I don't *feel* better yet-and while my sense of smell is more in
tune, it is only in tune with bad smells at present. I'm gaining weight,
too. But 2008 is the year to get healthy, so we are off to a good start....
I've been having some heart issues, congenital now mind you...but never
the less, it just feels healthier being a non-smoker. We are going to
start exercising more as soon as we can. Ron is still recovering from
radiation treatments and I am recovering from my own little 'near death
episode'....but soon...
Now, if I could quit my job, the world would really ROCK!

Bev, who just yesterday covered up the "At least I can still smoke in my
car" bumper sticker with "My Australian Shepherd is smarter than your
honor student" bumper sticker....yeah, I know, Imma Redneck. :)

EarthNSky wrote:

Gene GeRue wrote:

I have wondered if we could kill them if we were to rig up a hose from an exhaust pipe and push carbon monoxide into the tunnel system. Might just cause the engine to stop, from the resistance.

But then you wouldn't have such rich, aerated soil! But yeah, that works, so I hear.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky