homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food costs up sharply--order your seeds

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food costs up sharply--order your seeds
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:09:46 -0500

Greetings, the List!
The effect that this week's economic news has had here - to make me
get upstairs and organize my seed library! Seed is one thing i do have
some control of, and gives me no end to hope. Here we are, waaaaay back
in a very rugged are of the Clifty Wilderness, and we eat like royalty.
We are warm, with abundant fuel all around - and little cost. It is the
immediate comfort - that along with Mom Nature's cooperation - we get to
have so much bounty amidst the poverty seen all around Appalachia. The
truly rich folk here, know how to take care of themselves, their
neighbors, and kin, from their land and history (sigh.....i do not know
what the young, unlearned ones will do?). I see that some who live like
we do, will not be having as much anxiety (and no emotion-saving
brokerage fees!) as the common citizens are feeling in urban areas. A
measure of peace.

Too bad they do not teach detachment skills in schools, for times like
these. That gem was important in our home school courses covering Common
Sense 101!
May you all have plenty in the lean times, and a perspective on all we do
have since recorded history :)
Toni - poh , but still so glad in KY.