homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food costs up sharply--order your seeds

  • From: clhw AT infoave.net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food costs up sharply--order your seeds
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:36:57 -0400

Gene: I'm curious. Why do you call Park Seed a "giant"?
It is large but no where near a big as some of its not-too distant
neighbors, like Solutia (formerly Monsanto) and Fuji NorthAmerica. Many of
the now defunct textile mills had facilities much larger than Park. I
haven't spoken to the members of the Park family I know in about a year but
the last time I had a discussion with one of them, he said, "We'll not be
involved while I have anything to say about it."

Anyway, why do you call them a giant?
Lynn

While most people probably don't understand what open-pollinated