homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rural Land Prices and Conditions

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rural Land Prices and Conditions
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 05:54:11 -0700

On Jan 23, 2008, at 11:14 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

. When a
local farmer bought the land around me and stopped by to tell me he
was going to farm it, I all but kissed him.

I have read that Vermonters give special dispensation to dairy farmers.

The thing that may save me is that this is a poor county, the majority
of people who live here are seriously cheap

In Ozark County there is tension between natives and newcomers. Natives, no matter how poor, are independent and want the least government possible. Newcomers want more and faster services. This shows at every election.

Before I was a cell thane,

Why, we practically have royalty among us!

My mother, who
lived right, had the same problem: she managed, however, to always
land on her face (until she figured out what the problem was and
started using a walker, though she hated the GD walker), so she never
dislocated anything.

Marie, have you considered wearing a face mask, like hockey goal tenders? Or at least a helmet?

All I need is insurance.

A sadly common condition.