homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food costs up sharply--order your seeds

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food costs up sharply--order your seeds
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 07:15:41 -0700

On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:36 AM, clhw wrote:

Gene: I'm curious. Why do you call Park Seed a "giant"?

Thank you, good catch. Imprecise thinking while clicking the keys. Call it knuckle jerk. Park Seed has been around a long time; has been a personal seed source all my life; my mother has bought from them all her life and she is seriously old. I haven't seen their catalog for a couple years but it used to be huge by seed catalog standards.

Again, good catch. You have been reading me long enough to know that I typically use the appellation "giant" to refer to those monstrous inhuman companies such as Monsanto and Archer Daniels Midland. Park Seed does not deserve to be considered in that nefarious company.

I need to get rich so I can afford an editor.