homestead - Re: [Homestead] Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:23:25 -0500

On Jan 24, 2008 11:01 AM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> Baker Creek:
> Their great url is simply: http://rareseeds.com/

Another great seed company is Fedco Seeds in Waterville, ME.
http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds.htm

The man that introduced my husband to the guitar at Colby College in
Waterville is a good friend of the owner, CR Lawn.

This company does not support Monsanto nor Seminis. They believe in local,
first. The catalog is darn good reading material, this year you'll find
political limericks liberally sprinkled throughout the pages on every major
candidate that is in (or may have dropped out) of the race. Not only
limericks, but the written descriptions themselves of seeds will have you
grinning or occasionally laughing out loud.

I look forward to *reading* this catalog. My husband doesn't understand it,
it's a seed catalog. Then I read a description (or a limerick) to him.

Lisa