homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reusable canning lids

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reusable canning lids
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:58:43 -0500

Thanks, but I have tons of jars, so don't need or want to pay for more (and the shipping wicked expensive for jars: I don't want to pay for that, either), I was simply in hope that I could find a replacement for the 'disposable' lid for the jars in common usage. I already had to replace all my jars once (fire) and one time buying hundreds of jars was enough! I was in hopes someone knew maybe where we could get the SS lids that were quite reusable, but I guess they've followed dodos...

SJ, in Maine

Marie McHarry wrote:
I did a quick search and found some glass jars with glass lids:
http://www.villagekitchen.com/mfg/bormioli/1825/fido_canning_jar/fido_canning_jar.html