homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:15:05 EDT

> James, if I were you, I would wait to invest in housing. And stay
> away from Phoenix.

Thanks, Gene, I will take both parts of your advice. No problem with either.
But as to "investing" in housing, I never invest in anything on speculation.
During the upswing in housing prices (prices, not values), I heard from a
number of sources that those of us who had no mortgage (or a paid off
mortgage,
although I never had a mortgage to begin with) on our property were foolish
and jealous of those who were accumulating value in their homes. We were
going
to miss out. After all real estate only goes up, up, up in value.

I wonder how many people are feeling jealous now? </HTML>