homestead - [Homestead] Pond snake problem

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Pond snake problem
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:23:10 -0400

Hey List members:

Our youngest still likes to gather frogs & newts and whatnot at the pond.

We were working on mowing & weed whacking (our version of bush hogging) at
the pond, and learned there are a couple of water snakes in the pond. They
had triangular shaped heads and were covered in muck, so hard to see any
distinctive markings. Triangular shaped heads means "bad" in my memory.

We're hoping to use the pond this year for recreational use--but we have
this darn snake problem. Someone told me water snakes can be aggressive.
Great.

Ideas, please.

Thanks.

Lisa