homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities

  • From: clhw AT infoave.net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:06:01 -0400

Now I'm confused.
The Biltmore is a privately constructed, still family-owned mansion on the
hills outside Asheville, NC. It was originally purchased and constructed in
the 1800s. A complete homestead on its own at one time (they closed the
dairy operation and sold their equipment for it at our dairy's sale in
1985), they host tourists, art shows, have a in-house art collection, a
shop area which sells lunches, ice cream, knick-knacks, and a wine bottling
operation where they offer tasting and purchase. I LOVE their basement
swimming pool (all tile), and the pantries -- a dry pantry for grains and
flour, another for canned goods, another for the wine collection, etc.,
with women with large rings of keys on their pinafore strings in charge of
metering out the needs for the day.

Arizona? What is there to do with Biltmore? There is/was a Biltmore Hotel
in Atlanta.
the other Lynn W