homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 06:20:29 -0700

On Jun 21, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

My husband says the drawback is the lack of complete privacy.

Your husband is not a homesteader. The reason a homesteader does not fit in an intentional community is because of the wide streak of independence. I may be poor and this land may be poor, but by the gods, it is my land and I do whatever I jolly well choose to do with it. I plant what I choose to plant and when I choose to plant it. Don't trick me with that consensus stuff. Just leave me be.

Which is just the opposite of how an IC works.