homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:32:24 -0400

On 6/21/07, VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com> wrote:

One way to discourage
yuppies would be with deed restrictions limiting the
size of a house or the amount of lawn that could be
mowed, or private roads that would not be built to
suburban standards.

This made me almost giggle. I love the idea of this kind of deed restriction
or covenant, ie. houses greater than 2000 (or 2500) sq feet are not allowed.
Same with excessive lawn mowing. I'll have a smile on my face the rest of
the day. Imagine sharing the covenants for the community at the Board of
Supervisor's meetings.

Lisa