homestead - Re: [Homestead] An attire dilemma

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An attire dilemma
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 06:44:10 -0700

On Mar 8, 2007, at 4:10 PM, Gloria Morris wrote:

Hey, Gene,
I hate to spoil it for you, but I am going to take Chris' side here.

Chris is a wise wife. She does not tell me what to do or push a position. Well, not usually. She said something like, "What do you want to do with this stuff?" Hearing only incoherent mumbling she asked me where she should put it. It went to the center of the workbench, certain to be moved soon.
am of the mindset that if it is of no use to you now, why keep it? . . . If I have
learned anything, it is that once your basic needs are met, keeping
unused and useless things around is actually enslaving. Get rid of the
unused stuff. Liberate yourself. ;-)

Smart girl. You've recently moved, a time when this wisdom is most notable.

My decision is that Heartwood work boots will become evermore multi- hued. Shoe polish not only supports shine, it preserves and waterproofs. And maybe ticks won't like the smell.

The workbench is liberated. The shoeshine kit now resides in the laundry room, behind the spare batteries. It will make the trip.

Now to suits, jackets, slacks, dress shirts. Silk ties could lash bean poles together, yes? Gonna be some stylish gardening down there in Hurricane Holler.