homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:26:01 -0800

Lynda wrote:

The great thing about nuclear waste is that we know where it is?.........

I knew a fellow who worked in the nuclear industry. He seemed to think it was no problem to dispose of waste, as long as it's mixed with molten glass. I'm not an expert, but there's a certain sense to it. Things encased in glass generally don't go anywhere. Why not use the containment vessels under sidewalks in Utah, to keep the snow off?

And the really great example of herd manipulation is "“My trend has been toward more rational and less romantic as the decades go by,”
I reject overanalysis of people's motives, in favor of direct discussion of the issue itself. Couldn't you denounce anyone's expression of emotion as herd manipulation? I'm sensing that this is your reaction to clever arguments you don't like.

Bill