homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:21:20 -0800

At 2/27/2007 05:54 PM,Gene GeRue wrote:
>> The guy behind that
>> project was Stewart Brand. Here are some of his current thoughts that
>> I find provocative, excerpted from the article.
>
> I didn't realize he was still alive...

Try to be sensitive, Rob, the guy is younger than me.

Younger maybe, but I suspect his lifestyle back in 'those' days was... how do I say this? Ah! Hard on the body.
I'm often surprised I'm still alive, given my life style back in 'those' days.
<Shrug>, water under the bridge.

About his article, I do think computers have allowed Big Brother. He is here sitting quietly and moving towards the controls very very very slowly.
I would not be at all surprised to see his 10 year predictions about what is accepted come true.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net