homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:32:09 -0800

Oh, this is such a great example of using the Delphi Technique in writing that I am forwarding to some other groups.

Thank you, it is just what I've been looking for to add to the discussion to show that one doesn't have to talk and manage group discussions to use the Delphi Technique to guide the sheople!

Me thinks perchance he is having an LSD flashback <g> And, I positively know that his comments on nuclear waste are going to make him persona non grata on the rez's he used to visit!

Now to discuss what he actually wrote. Computers have turned into Big Brother.

The great thing about nuclear waste is that we know where it is? Yeah, we know that it is in leaking containers dumped in the ocean and buried in the ground. It isn't guarded, or at least well guarded or it wouldn't keep "disappearing" from ALL the nuclear energy plants!

And the really great example of herd manipulation is "“My trend has been toward more rational and less romantic as the decades go by,” That implies that one must think like him inorder to be rational and that to think as he did is to use less logical and rational thought. In other words to be, a statement that is usually said with disdain, "a romantic."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Some of you have been interested in alternative lifestyles long
enough to have read The Whole Earth Catalog. The guy behind that
project was Stewart Brand. Here are some of his current thoughts that
I find provocative, excerpted from the article. If you prefer to read
the whole thing, go to:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/27/science/earth/27tier.html?
pagewanted=1&8dpc&_r=1